WIP to FO?? Could it be so?! Progress on my Aquae tank

This Aquae tank is taking me for-ev-er to finish… And, I played a bit of yarn chicken to boot.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t the winner…

I started this tank back in the end of April thinking ‘no sweat…I’ll have this finished in a month’, when in reality, I got bit hard by the sewing bug and I’m still feeling the after effects. But I’m not complaining by any means.  Warning: Digression to follow… Within the last 2 months, I was fortunate to be able to upgrade my 10 year old mechanical HV Prelude to a gently used computerized HV Sapphire 930. I was able to get it in great condition in an EBay auction for 1/3 of what it cost brand new!  While I’ve also been keeping my eyes on a used HV Diamond Deluxe and also the Ruby Royale, I have to say I’m very pleased with the Sapphire 930.

Back to knitting.  So I was down to the ribbing of this tank and if I didn’t cut the ribbing in half to about 5-7 rounds, I would not have enough gray yarn to finish the arm hole edgings and neckline.  Fast forward a few days later and a few different trips to JoAnn Fabrics and no luck finding more Lily Sugar ‘n Cream cotton yarn in the light gray that I used for the tank.  So, I had to think fast and hard so that I didn’t delay the completion of this tank any longer.  I had a good bit of the royal blue color leftover and I decided to use that color to edge the armholes and neckline.  Overall, I’m pleased with my decision.

Can’t wait to start my next project!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s