What’s on everyone’s hooks, needles, & wheels??

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been crazy busy with life and knitting/crocheting/spinning…

I thought this would be a great opportunity to share some pics of what I’ve got going on.

First up on the hooks, the commissioned, or should I say bartered, Granny square blanket. This is for a work friend who I am bartering with in exchange for a fall family portrait session. This is my favorite method of blanket making.

20131008-125757.jpg

Next up on the hook, what will soon be a lamb hat for a friend’s baby for Halloween at the request of my friend.
I know it doesn’t look like much, but I’m hoping to put a nice dent in it this week as I need to have it completed by Monday, the 28th.
The pattern is called Little Lambie Hat by Sunset Crochet and Quilt on Etsy.

20131008-130126.jpg

Next up on the needles, we have the WIP Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig. Unfortunately, this has remained on the needles longer than I would like, but I’m confident that I’ll be putting a dent in it real soon.

20131008-134212.jpg

Lastly, on the hook is another Granny square blanket but made out of Lion brand’s Wool Ease Thick & Quick. This is going really quick, I just have not been able to pick it up lately.

20131008-134632.jpg

I promise the pics will get better, but for now they remain being taken from my iPhone 5.

I just finished spinning this beautiful roving from Yarn Hollow. It is 3 ply 137 yds. and available in my Etsy shop.

20131008-135100.jpg

Next up on the wheel will be these lovely stripey batts from Frabjous Fibers purchased from Natural Stitches in East Liberty.

20131008-135505.jpg

I would love to hear what everyone else is working on!

Please leave your comments below to be entered in a prize giveaway on October 12th to celebrate my 1 year Blog-i-versary!

Happy Knitting/Crocheting/Spinning, everyone!

23 Comments Add yours

1. Happy early blogging anniversary! On my needles… Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan.

2. Happy blogging anniversary! On my needles…Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan.

1. iknitiatives says:

Thank you! Awesome! I’d love to see a pic when it’s finished 🙂

1. Will do! I’ll be posting on my blog! I’d love for you to follow!

2. iknitiatives says:

Will do!

3. Chevas says:

Congrats! How cool:) I have a fleece that came from a sheep named Staple on the wheel and in the needles…..a sockhead hat and some fingerless mitts:)

1. iknitiatives says:

Awesome! Which reminds me… I need to start knitting a pair of mitts! There are so many nice mitt patterns out there.

4. Kim Marsh says:

Hi. I am just finishing up an order for a Minion beanie, and I’m also working on a cable headband, chunky child cowl, and getting ready to start the Late August Shawl from Sylvia Bo Bilvia. Congrats on the year anniversary!

1. iknitiatives says:

Thank you!! Sounds like you have a lot of nice projects on your needles! Be sure to post the finished ones on Instagram- I’d love to see them 🙂

1. Kim Marsh says:

I will! Thanks again!

5. Stephanie Gordon says:

I’m working on a poncho/shawl to wear in my chilly house this winter in Montana – http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/union-square-shawl-poncho. I love your spinning and new fall colors!!!

1. iknitiatives says:

Thanks, Stephanie!! That’s going to look gorgeous I’m sure! Please post some pics once it’s done!

2. iknitiatives says:

Hi Stephanie!

Congrats! You won a skein of my hand-painted yarn!

Please email me your info at iknitiatives@gmail.com.

1. Stephanie Gordon says:

Thank you, thank you!!! SO excited! You really made my day! Stephanie

2. iknitiatives says:

My pleasure!!! :))

6. Congrats on your year anniversary! I am working on way too many things (as usual) and have been meaning to make a blog entry about it. I believe you have inspired me to do that. Check out RemedyaRN.com later today….I’ll put up pics and details. 🙂

1. iknitiatives says:

Thank you!! Awesome & yes I definitely will!

7. Desiree says:

Your yarn is just gorgeous!

1. iknitiatives says:

Thank you, Desiree! What do you currently have on your hook/needles/wheel/spindle??

8. Katie Walker says:

Steelcity by josh Ryks socks on a plane and self striping vanilla Halloween socks just got my sockhead hat off the needles

1. iknitiatives says:

Sounds good! I really want to make some vanilla socks or just socks in general!

9. kristi says:

Looove your colors! And happy blogaversary! Currently, I have a blanket, a footie sock and a sweater on my needles and a bit of BFL on my wheel.

1. iknitiatives says:

Thank you! I would love to see them once they are finished!