Dyeing up some new handspun

I’ve been spinning a lot lately and have finally figured out how to spin thin.

So I spun up and plied about 75 yds. of the pound of mixed wool I bought last week at the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet show and did some kettle dying.

Initially, I wanted tonal reds but I wasn’t patient enough to build up the red and so I started putting in blue… Then more red… Then more blue… You get the idea. I ended up with this lovely deep mulberry / red wine / purpley color.

Now the difficult part – letting it cool to room temp.

Can’t wait until it dries and I can post some pics of it, but for now, I’ll leave you with this:

20130323-152416.jpg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s