Here are some new Fall colorways on my Plush sock base which is 75% Superwash Merino & 25% Nylon.
Major squish factor goin’ on with this yarn and great yardage for the price, too!
462 yds. to each skein; perfect for a cozy pair of socks, a small shawl, or what about a light weight sweater?!
Available in the shop!
Burnt Toast with Butter
I’m offering a new base by special order only.
It is called CashSilk Luxe and it is 437 yds. of lace weight yarn. Made of 70% Cashmere and 30% Mulberry Silk, this yarn is as soft as a cloud!
I’ve recently had the pleasure of custom dyeing gradients using this base for a couple of my customers and it takes the dye beautifully.
This affordable little luxury is available in my Etsy shop.
Blueberries & Cream Ombre Gradient
Olive Ombre Gradient
I recently made a purple Oatmeal sweater and loved it so much that I made one for my sister at her request.
However, I’m calling this one “Cream Of Wheat”.
The yarn used is the same yarn as called for in the pattern, Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky.
I have to admit I like this sweater better than my purple Oatmeal because the yarn is not as bulky as the purple yarn which was Paton’s Classic Wool Bulky.
I find that super bulky yarn just adds weight and bulk to my frame. Thanks, but no thanks…
I made one slight modification in this sweater by knitting the bottom ribbing a few inches shorter than what the pattern called for.
After a visit to a local Pat Catan’s yesterday, I picked up more yarn to try for a 3rd Oatmeal! This time I will be using Bernat’s Roving and I will be incorporating stripes.
Here is my sis modeling it:
Here are two new Fall punis available in my Etsy shop:
I’ve been in a sweater knitting mood lately and when I went on a quest to find the perfect quick knit sweater for fall, I was not disappointed when I came across Jane Richmond’s Oatmeal Pullover on Ravelry.
Scrambling through my stash, I found the perfect yarn for the pattern and conveniently already had knitted up a gauge swatch that little did I know already matched the gauge of the pattern perfectly!
The yarn I chose was Paton’s Classic Wool Bulky in the colorway Aster Purple. I love the color- it’s such a nice, rich color for fall. Purple is not normally a color that I wear but when I do, it’s usually this shade.
Let me tell you a little bit about the yarn itself. It is 78 yds. to a skein and is 100% new wool. The pattern calls for a similar weight yarn – Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky – but Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky is primarily acrylic with a little bit of wool. I used 6 3/4 skeins for my size, or just under 546 yds.
Now on to the fit of the sweater. Jane points out that the garment is meant to have negative ease which means it will be close fitting. Now of course, if you prefer to have it looser, you can knit a bigger size, but in my case, I knit for the 36″ size. Overall, I am very pleased. I may block it just a tad to give me a little bit more fluidity within the arms and torso areas, but I won’t block it so much so that it changes the overall size.
And that is why I’m glad I used 100% wool – for the blocking aspect of it.
Continuing on my quest for a kick ass fall sweater wardrobe, I just started another Oatmeal Pullover. This time I am using the yarn that Jane recommends in the pattern and I’m using the exact same color, Wheat.
While I still want summer to hang around for a little while longer, I’m so ready to break out my fall wardrobe and drink apple cider at the pumpkin patch!
Is anyone else on a sweater knitting kick or just ready for fall?
New vivid colorways will be available soon in my Etsy shop!
They are kettle-dyed on a 100% superwash merino wool base in worsted weight with a total of 218 yds. per skein.
Back in the beginning of June, I went stash diving for yarn that would be good for Purl Soho’s Cap Sleeve Lattice Sweater which proved to be a bit challenging…at first.
I stumbled upon the 5 skeins of Berroco Maya that I had which is a dk weight and 85% Pima Cotton / 15% Alpaca mix. The yarn was originally intended for a Rayures cowl that never got made.
When I realized that I likely wouldn’t have enough of the cream color I wanted to use for the base of the sweater, that’s when I devised a plan to put in some simple, thick stripes. I ended up arranging the stripes from light to dark or dark to light (if you view it from top to bottom).
So after about 7 weeks, here is the finished sweater:
For more details on the pattern/yarn, check out my project page for this sweater on Ravelry.